Set affront a backdrop of mountains, Preston is a buzzing but beautiful city. With the docks and marina, a busy shopping hub and many place to eat and drink, this is a great place to explore. As a busy university city (the main campus of University Central Lancashire is here) the nightlife on offer is extensive too.
With mill industry and status as a market town a large past-time here, Preston has kept elements of its heritage, whilst updating the amenities on offer, making it an attractive city in which to live. There are a variety of museums, theatres and, of course, Preston North End FC on offer to take advantage of if you live here but if you fancy something a little different you’re within close proximity to Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool – and you can be in Blackpool in less than an hour for the illuminations!
5 facts about Preston
- Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid originated from the city!
- Cricketer Andrew Flintoff is from Preston.
- The city boasts more than 160 miles of footpaths and bridleways.
- Preston is where trams were first made – including the iconic ones at Blackpool!
- The first ever KFC opened in Preston.
To read the full article, click here.